CHRISTIAN FINANCIAL CREDIT UNION HISTORY
CFCU began in 1950 as St. Jude's Parish Credit Union in Detroit Michigan. Over time, the credit union has continued to grow. In 1998, a merger between SERF Credit Union and Northeast Catholic Credit Union formed Christian Financial as we know it today. In January, 2003, CFCU merged with Father Murray Federal Credit Union and St. Mark's Parish Credit Union. In October 2013, CFCU merged with ARC Credit Union. Most recently, CFCU merged with Motor City Co-op Credit Union in April 2020.
We have now grown to more than 45,000+ members and currently service Macomb, Oakland, Wayne, and St. Clair Counties.