|IMPORTANT TAX TIME & STIMULUS REMINDERS
Ensure your direct deposit information is correct to avoid delays
To ensure prompt direct deposit of any stimulus payments or tax refunds, make sure you're following these important steps.
1. When entering the electronic check information for your tax refund or stimulus payment, ensure you are using your full savings or checking account number, not your member number.
You can find your full account number on your Electronic Statements inside Online Banking.
2. Make sure you're using the Christian Financial routing number, which is 272484289. NOTE: Former Motor City Co-op Credit Union members that filed taxes in 2019 with the Motor City routing and transit number should receive any stimulus deposits normally and will not need to change anything in order to receive them. The next time you file taxes, please update your routing number to Christian Financial's routing number.
3. Your refund should only be deposited into accounts that are in your own name; your spouse's name or both if it's a joint account. This means that the name on the IRS direct deposit received at Christian Financial Credit Union must match the name(s) on the account.
4. Specify correctly whether the Christian Financial account receiving the funds is a checking account or savings account.
5. Ready to check whether you received your economic stimulus payment or tax refund? You can confirm if you received the economic stimulus payment or whether the payment will arrive via check or electronically on the IRS website here. You can confirm the status of your tax refund on the IRS' "Where's my refund" tool.
If you have any questions, please contact us by sending us a secure message inside of Online Banking.