Visa Debit Card Helpful Information
Click a section to view helpful information.
Once You Receive Your New Card
- For your security we do not mail your provided PIN number associated with your CFCU Visa Debit Card. You will receive a separate mailer within 3 to 5 days prior or after receiving your new card.
- You are able to change your PIN by phone or by visiting any CFCU ATM.
- Joint members will receive a unique debit card but will need to use the primary member's information to activate the card
Tips For Using Your Card
- Your CFCU Visa Debit Card is a new chip card. To use your chip card, enter the chip into the bottom of the terminal. Follow the prompts and remove your card when instructed.
- Always select Credit as your transaction type. Credit transactions help to prevent possible fraudulent activity by avoiding the use of your PIN.
- Your Visa Debit Card can be used as an ATM card at over 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs including any CFCU ATM.
- Be aware of your "Available Account Balance." This is the balance available for use in your account, not your actual balance.
- Sign up for Visa Purchase Alerts Opens a New Window. and get notified of alerts such as:
- Reachinga purchase threshold
- International purchases
- Online or over the phone purchases
Protecting Your Information
- Take Precautions
- Avoid using common or obvious passwords or PINs such as birth dates or SSNs
- Don't give out personal information unless you initiated the conversation
- Shred receipts, mail offers, and statements instead of throwing them in the trash
- Be on Guard
- Regularly monitor your account history
- Be aware of phishing scams & always ask questions - CFCU is a great resource for assistance
- CFCU's FALCON system monitors for fraudulent/suspicious activity and allows us to protect you and your account information
- If you are made aware of fraudulent activity
- Report your card lost or stolen by calling 1.800.754.4128 - this will shut down your card to prevent any additional activity
- Contact CFCU immediately
Find a CO-OP Network ATM
To find a fee-free ATM near you: Click here
or download our CFCU Mobile banking App.