CERTIFICATES OF DEPOSIT
We want to help you build your savings while enjoying everyday adventures! Open a Certificate of Deposit and start saving with rates and terms that fit every one's needs.
Types of Certificates
A term certificate allows you to choose the length of time to invest your money for. CFCU offers term certificates from 6 months to 5 years.
Save to Win
Save to Win is a certificate of deposit that builds savings while also giving you the chance to win more than $100,000 in cash prizes! For every $25 deposited into this certificate you are entered for a chance to win cash prizes each month. Plus, you collect interest on all the money you deposit!
- 10 monthly prizes from CFCU ranging from $25-$100
- 48 quarterly prizes from $100 to $5,000
- 175 monthly prizes of $25 each from the Michigan Credit Union League
Complete Save to Win Rules
With a Super Saver Certificate, all you need is $500 and one year until maturity. The best part is that during the term you can make additional deposits of at least $50.
Open a certificate today and you can be a Super Saver too! Opens a New Window.
Open a Certificate Now
Effective January 29, 2020
Certificates of Deposit
*APY = Annual Percentage Yield. APY is not variable and will not change after the certificate is opened.
**Additional Super Saver deposits not to exceed $50,000 in aggregate per Certificate. Maximum number of Super Saver Certificates is limited to TWO per Social Security number.
*** Additional deposits can be made throughout the term of the certificate. Maximum number of Save To Win Certificates is limited to ONE per Social Security number. See full disclosures for specific Save To Win CD details.
CD Early Withdrawal Penalties:
- CDs with a maturity of 12 months or less: the penalty will be equal to 90 days interest (whether earned or not);
- CDs with a maturity of 18, 24, 36, or 48 months: the penalty will be 180 days interest (whether earned or not);
- CDs with a maturity of 60 months or more: the penalty will be one year of interest (whether earned or not);
- Twelve Month Save To Win CDs: the penalty will be equal to $25.
Note: If the interest penalty exceeds the interest earned, the difference shall be deducted from the principal amount.
The dividend rate is subject to change without notice.
See our Fee Schedule for other fees that may be assessed with your savings account.
**Early withdrawal penalties may apply. Please see our Disclosures for complete disclosure information. Interest is computed daily and is paid monthly or at maturity. Additional deposits during term are limited to $50,000.00.