Shopping with your Christian Financial Credit or Debit card just got even easier with Apple Pay!
+ What is Apple Pay?
- Apple Pay is a payments feature integrated into the Wallet app on your iOS device that lets you add your credit/debit cards to Apple Pay to make purchases at participating retailers in stores, using Near Field Communication (NFC) technology, or in app.
+ How does Apple Pay work?
- To add your eligible CFCU credit/debit cards to Apple Pay, follow the Apple Pay instructions. Apple Pay provides the same benefits and protection as your physical card, with the convenience of making secure transactions on your iOS device. Use Apple Pay anywhere contactless payments are accepted and to make purchases in app with participating apps. For additional details, see the Apple Pay instructions.
+ How do I know which card is my default card?
- If you load your card to Apple Pay from your iTunes account, this automatically becomes your default card; otherwise, the first card you add automatically becomes your default payment card. To change your default card, go to Settings on your device, then select Wallet & Apple Pay and you may then choose your default card. You can also go to Wallet anytime to pay with a different card.
+ How do I remove my card from Apple Pay?
- You can remove your debit or credit card from from Apple Pay by selecting the card in Wallet, then choose the ‘info’ icon in the bottom right corner to see the back of the card. Scroll to the bottom to find the “remove card” option. Choosing this will instantly remove the card from Wallet and the Secure Element where the device account number is securely stored on the device.
+ What if my device is lost or stolen?
- If your device is lost or stolen, you can suspend Apple Pay by using the “Find my iPhone” app or going to icloud.com and choosing the option for “Lost Mode.” You will also be given the option to “Erase All” on www.icloud.com. This will delete all cards from Apple Pay and the Secure Element. Contact CFCU to delete the token from your lost device. If in doubt regarding the status of your Christian Financial cards in Apple Pay, please contact CFCU by calling 586.772.6330.
+ Which Christian Financial cards can I use with digital wallets?
- You can use your Christian Financial Visa debit card, Visa Signature card or your Visa Platinum card.
+ How do my Christian Financial credit or debit cards work with digital wallets?
- When you add your CFCU debit or credit card, the number from your plastic card is replaced with a secure device account number (also called a token). This token is passed onto the merchant for payment instead of your actual card number.
+ Can I have more than one CFCU Visa® Debit or Credit Card in a single digital wallet?
- Yes. You if you have multiple Christian Financial credit/debit cards you can add all of the cards to your digital wallet.
+ Can I add a single CFCU Visa Debit or Credit Card to more than one digital wallet or device? Ie. Both Google Pay and Samsung Pay.
- Yes. You can add your single CFCU Visa Debit or Credit Card to more than one digital wallet or more than one mobile device.
+ Can the secondary/authorized user on my card add our shared card to their own device?
- Yes, secondary and authorized users can add the shared card to their own digital wallet. Please note that any additional authentication that is required to add the card will be the primary member's information.
+ If I have a card with a chip/signature, will it work with a digital wallet?
- Yes. Our Christian Financial Chip cards will work with Apple Pay®, Google Pay™, Samsung Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay and Click to Pay by Visa.
+ Is there a fee associated with using a CFCU card with a digital wallet?
- CFCU does not charge any fees to add your credit or debit cards to a digital wallet. There is no cost to use a digital wallet from Christian Financial; however, an active data plan is required. Based on your wireless plan and mobile carrier's offering, additional message and data charges may apply. Your credit card terms and conditions and/or your debit card account agreement will apply for purchases.
+ Can a digital wallet token be used for recurring charges, subscriptions or bills (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.)?
- This service is not currently available.
+ Can I lock a digital wallet?
- Digital Wallets are locked when the device is locked.
+ What is the Secure Element?
- The Secure Element is a dedicated chip in the device that securely stores the device account number.
+ What is a device account number (token)?
- A device account number (token) is a substitute account number that replaces your card number and is used to make secure purchases in stores and in app. A device account number will not work outside of the secure payment environment.
+ Am I liable for unauthorized charges made with a digital wallet?
- If you find unauthorized purchases through one of your digital wallets, please contact our Member Solutions Center immediately at 586.772.6330.
+ What if my card is lost or stolen?
- Credit Card: If your card has been lost or stolen, call us immediately at 1.586.772.6330. Replacement cards will arrive in the mail within 7-10 days.
Debit Card: If your card has been lost, stolen, call us immediately at 1.586.772.6330. If you need a new card right away, you can visit one of our CFCU locations and get a card instantly issued to you! Otherwise, replacement cards will arrive within 7-10 days.
+ What happens when I replace or update my device?
- If you replace or update your device, you will need to add your card(s) again to your digital wallet as a new setup.
+ What happens when my card is replaced?
- Whether your card is replaced because it is lost or stolen, or if the card has expired, in most cases your new card will be automatically associated to the existing Digital Account Number (Token) in your device and can continue to be used for payments. If, for some reason, Christian Financial could not re-add your new card to the existing Digital Account Number (Token), you will see a notation in App that the card isn't active for use. You can then re-add your card, as you did initially to make it active again.
+ How do I make returns with purchases I’ve made using a digital wallet?
- You can make a return the same way you would with your plastic card today by contacting the merchant directly. We do recommend you bring the device that you used when returning items purchased with a digital wallet.
Apple Pay, the Apple logo, iPhone and Passbook are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Pay and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc.