Shopping with your Christian Financial Credit or Debit card just got even easier with Google Pay.
+ What is Google Pay?
- Google Pay provides owners of Android® devices the ability to use their Android phone to make in store, in-app and online payments using a Christian Financial credit or debit card.
+ How do I get Google Pay on my Device?
- Google Pay may be preloaded on select devices. If your device does not have the app, simply download it from Google Play.
Google Pay requires that you sign-into your Google account before you register any credit/debit cards. During setup of Google Pay, you will be prompted to create a Google Pay PIN, pattern, or password. For select devices running Google Marshmallow 6.0 or later, you may use your fingerprint to verify transactions.
+ How do I know which card is my default card?
- The first card added in Google Pay would be the default card for payment. It will show as the first card in the list at the top of the screen. The default card will also be noted with "default card”. To change your default card, select the card that you would like to make the default, and click "set as default".
+ The merchant or cashier is asking for the last 4 digits of the card when I make a Google Pay transaction, what do I give them?
- In the event you are asked to provide the last 4 digits of the card when you make an Google Pay transaction, you should provide the merchant with the last 4 digits of the device account number or token, as that was the account number used in the purchase. You can locate the last 4 digits of the device account number in the Google Pay app on the Card details associated with the card you are using for your purchase, just tap on the card image to access the number.
+ How do I remove my card from Google Pay?
- When in the Google Pay app, you can touch your card to view the Card details, and also select remove card option.
+ Which Christian Financial cards can I use with digital wallets?
- You can use your Christian Financial Visa debit card, Visa Signature card or your Visa Platinum card.
+ How do my Christian Financial credit or debit cards work with digital wallets?
- When you add your Christian Financial Credit Union debit or credit card, the number from your plastic card is replaced with a secure device account number (also called a token). This token is passed onto the merchant for payment instead of your actual card number.
+ Can I have more than one Christian Financial Credit Union Visa® Debit or Credit Card in a single digital wallet?
- Yes. You if you have multiple Christian Financial credit/debit cards you can add all of the cards to your digital wallet.
+ Can I add a single Christian Financial Credit Union Visa Debit or Credit Card to more than one digital wallet or device? Ie. Both Google Pay and Samsung Pay.
- Yes. You can add your single Christian Financial Credit Union Visa Debit or Credit Card to more than one digital wallet or more than one mobile device.
+ Can the secondary/authorized user on my card add our shared card to their own device?
- Yes, secondary and authorized users can add the shared card to their own digital wallet. Please note that any additional authentication that is required to add the card will be the primary member's information.
+ If I have a card with a chip/signature, will it work with a digital wallet?
- Yes. Our Christian Financial Chip cards will work with Apple Pay®, Google Pay™, Samsung Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay and Click to Pay by Visa.
+ Is there a fee associated with using a Christian Financial card with a digital wallet?
- Christian Financial Credit Union does not charge any fees to add your credit or debit cards to a digital wallet. There is no cost to use a digital wallet from Christian Financial; however, an active data plan is required. Based on your wireless plan and mobile carrier's offering, additional message and data charges may apply. Your credit card terms and conditions and/or your debit card account agreement will apply for purchases.
+ Can a digital wallet token be used for recurring charges, subscriptions or bills (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.)?
- This service is not currently available.
+ Can I lock a digital wallet?
- Digital Wallets are locked when the device is locked.
+ What is the Secure Element?
- The Secure Element is a dedicated chip in the device that securely stores the device account number.
+ What is a device account number (token)?
- A device account number (token) is a substitute account number that replaces your card number and is used to make secure purchases in stores and in app. A device account number will not work outside of the secure payment environment.
+ Am I liable for unauthorized charges made with a digital wallet?
- If you find unauthorized purchases through one of your digital wallets, please contact our Member Solutions Center immediately at 586.772.6330, or click the "Let's Chat!" button in the lower right.
+ What if my card is lost or stolen?
- Credit Card: If your card has been lost or stolen, call us immediately at 1.586.772.6330, or click the "Let's Chat!" button in the lower right. Replacement cards will arrive in the mail within 7-10 days.
Debit Card: If your card has been lost, stolen, call us immediately at 1.586.772.6330, or click the "Let's Chat!" button in the lower right. If you need a new card right away, you can visit one of our Christian Financial Credit Union locations and get a card instantly issued to you! Otherwise, replacement cards will arrive within 7-10 days.
+ What happens when I replace or update my device?
- If you replace or update your device, you will need to add your card(s) again to your digital wallet as a new setup.
+ What happens when my card is replaced?
- Whether your card is replaced because it is lost or stolen, or if the card has expired, in most cases your new card will be automatically associated to the existing Digital Account Number (Token) in your device and can continue to be used for payments. If, for some reason, Christian Financial could not re-add your new card to the existing Digital Account Number (Token), you will see a notation in App that the card isn't active for use. You can then re-add your card, as you did initially to make it active again.
+ How do I make returns with purchases I’ve made using a digital wallet?
- You can make a return the same way you would with your plastic card today by contacting the merchant directly. We do recommend you bring the device that you used when returning items purchased with a digital wallet.
Google Pay, the Google Pay word design, the Google Pay design logo, Google Pay graphics, and the Google Pay word design, either separately or in combination, are hereinafter referred to as “Google Trademarks” and are trademarks of Google Inc.
The Contactless Symbol and Contactless Indicator are trademarks owned by and used with the permission of EMVCo, LLC.