Digital Wallet FAQ's
For more information about digital wallets, your CFCU Visa® Debit or Visa® Credit Cards, or digital wallet security, please see the common FAQ's below.
If you have additional questions, please contact us.
- + Which Christian Financial cards can I use with digital wallets?
- You can use your Christian Financial Visa debit card, Visa Signature card or your Visa Platinum card.
- + How do my Christian Financial credit or debit cards work with digital wallets?
- When you add your CFCU debit or credit card, the number from your plastic card is replaced with a secure device account number (also called a token). This token is passed onto the merchant for payment instead of your actual card number.
- + Can I have my card in more than one device?
- Yes. You can add multiple Christian Financial credit/debit cards to Wallet for use with digital wallets on multiple devices.
- + If I have a card with a chip/signature, will it work with a digital wallet?
- Our Christian Financial Chip cards will work with Apple Pay®, Google Pay™, Samsung Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay and Click to Pay by Visa.
- + Can I add the same Christian Financial credit or debit card in multiple digital wallets?
- Yes. Members can add their Christian Financial credit or debit cards to multiple digital wallets.
- + Is there a fee associated with using a CFCU card with a digital wallet?
- CFCU does not charge any fees to add your credit or debit cards to a digital wallet. There is no cost to use a digital wallet from Christian Financial; however, an active data plan is required. Based on your wireless plan and mobile carrier's offering, additional message and data charges may apply. Your credit card terms and conditions and/or your debit card account agreement will apply for purchases.
- + Can a digital wallet token be used for recurring charges, subscriptions or bills (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.)?
- This service is not currently available.
- + Can I lock a digital wallet?
- Digital Wallets are locked when the device is locked.
- + What is the Secure Element?
- The Secure Element is a dedicated chip in the device that securely stores the device account number.
- + What is a device account number (token)?
- A device account number (token) is a substitute account number that replaces your card number and is used to make secure purchases in stores and in app. A device account number will not work outside of the secure payment environment.
- + Am I liable for unauthorized charges made with a digital wallet?
- If you find unauthorized purchases through one of your digital wallets, please contact our member solutions center immediately at 586.772.6330.
- + What if my card is lost or stolen?
- Credit Card: If your card has been lost, stolen, call us immediately at 1.586.772.6330. Replacement cards will arrive in the mail within 7-10 days.
Debit Card: If your card has been lost, stolen, call us immediately at 1.800.754.4128. If you need a new card right away, you can visit one of our CFCU locations and get a card instantly issued to you! Otherwise, replacement cards will arrive within 7-10 days.
- + What happens when I replace or update my device?
- If you replace or update your device, you will need to add your card(s) again to your digital wallet as new setup.
- + What happens when my card is replaced?
- Whether your card is replaced because it is lost or stolen, or if the card has expired, in most cases your new card will be automatically associated to the existing Digital Account Number (Token) in your device and continue to be used for payments. If, for some reason, Christian Financial could not re-add your new card to the existing Digital Account Number (Token), you will see a notation in App that the card isn't active for use. You can then re-add your card, as you did initially to make it active again.
- + How do I make returns with purchases I’ve made using a digital wallet?
- You can make a return the same way you would with your plastic card today by contacting the merchant directly. We do recommend you bring the device that you used when returning items purchased with a digital wallet.
Questions specific to Apple Pay
Questions specific to Google Pay
Questions specific to Samsung Pay
Questions specific to Additional Wallets